Friday, June 22, 2007

New Blog!


Welcome to the Two-Headed Goose! (Known to friends and distant relations as Bertie and Gertie)

Almost three years ago I moved into a cute little house after years of studio and one bedroom apartments. I decided that it was perfect for the having of a Halloween Party. Each year The Party has sort of ballooned. This year promises to be a bit over the top if I manage to pull off everything I have floating around in my head. So I thought it would be fun to chart the progress in a blog separate from my normal illustration one.

So far I haven't had time to work on any actual projects, but I do always have it on the mind. Whenever I am out and about, if something catches my eye, I pick it up. Also, eBay is my friend. Found out earlier today my mom has hooked me up with several dozen pairs of glass eyes. So cool.

A couple recent acquisitions:


4 comments:

Ken Chandler said...

Surely those horns don't belong to whatever animal belongs to that skull? Or do they? They disproportionate... but very cool. Nice find.

maryn said...

As far as I can tell, it's a Thompson's Gazelle. (I have named it Karl.) I can't tell if it's real or not, so if a fake, they did a good job. "They" being those stinkin' fakers. :-)

sheryl said...

I am so looking forward to the day that I can come in person to see your fab halloween affair! I love all you have done. BTW my father-in-law would taxadermy anything you want...he just loves to do it and I know it would be fun for him. (I don't think he has ever charged anyone). so... lets figure out something he can get ahold of...birds..easy. rabbits easy..email me at mothersheryl@hotmail.com

also...so huge congrats on your book!

Unknown said...

Here's a live two headed goose: http://www.deadtomorrow.com/?p=983