Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Taxidermy Fun


So you've seen the Two-headed Goose. I've commissioned a Flying Squirrel. (As in, a normal squirrel with bird wings.) One of the things I learned during my internship with Master Guarnaccia was that you have to have at least three things for it to be a collection. (Powerful words to live by.) I can't figure out what my third "unusual" bit of taxidermy should be. My nephew insists I need a Jackalope, but that seems so... um.. cliche. Any ideas? I had thought of a deer mouse.. hmmmm.

Above is Don Seegmiller's stuffed Raven he let me borrow for last year's party. He wisely took it home as I covet it. I'd love a Raven, but that doesn't really fit the theme... oh decisions.

Hard life I live, eh?

1 comment:

Alisa Haggard said...

Even though you already have the Jackalope, I think you ALSO need a Wolpertinger to make your collection complete. What is a Wolpertinger, you ask? Well, you can find out by following this link to the source of all truth. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolpertinger
You can see some examples of great specimens if you click on the external links at the bottom of the page.